- To ensure colostrum feeding and universal exclusive breastfeeding (EBF) for the first 6 months (180 days) and all babies breastfed in the first hour after birth for International and national contexts. Continuation of breastfeeding for at least two years
- Timely introduction of appropriate and adequate locally available homemade complementary feeding (CF) after the completion of EBF at 6 months old
- To assist Governments to monitor and execute BMS law and associated actions
- To promote, protect and support BF, CF & MN through the exchange of skills, knowledge and experience among national and international participants
- Improve Capacity building through IYCF training
- Identify new areas of research to promote innovation in the field.
The BBF advances knowledge on IYCF (BF & CF) and MN on National and International scale through service, training and research.