BBF as well act as a training institute to improve IYCF service capacity, to increase the number of skilled health care providers and to exchange the knowledge and skills on IYCF globally. Therefore, BBF have a large group of highly efficient trainer and expertise (pediatricians and Gynecologist). This trained dedicated trainers (doctors and specialists) are serving in different government and nongovernment hospitals throughout the country and are ready to facilitate TOT and other training activities to train new doctors and nurses in their respective districts/ divisions to bring improvement to the health care system in areas of IYCF and maternal nutrition all around the country. Several BCC materials have been produced as a part of this activity till now.
Besides the trainings under regular program, BBF conducted number of training for different level audience throughout the country from 1989. Some of the examples are highlighted below (from 1989 to till date)
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) Training
- Revitalization of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiatives
- Training on ‘IYCF, Hygiene & Basic Nutrition’ for health care providers of 50 Smiling Sun Network.
- TOT on Infant and Young Child Feeding
- Training on Food & Nutrition and IYCF and maternal nutrition.
- Training on National advocacy on IYCF & BMS code monitoring for internee doctors and nurses
- Training on Nutrition & IYCF for Health Workers
- Facilitation of Community Focused Approach Training at Karimganj in Kishoreganj District
- Certificate course training on ‘Dietary Management and Clinical Nutrition’ to graduates on nutrition
- Training on Counseling and Facilitation skills for capacity development in Nutrition of CHWs.
- TOT on Excellence of BF in the neonates: improving the environment for BFHI docs & nurses
- Orientation Training on Breastfeeding Management for Internee doctors and staff nurses
- Training on Community based Mother's Support Group Activity
- CNO and CNP training on MSG formation
- One-day orientation of MSG formation at CNC level
- Training on Nutrition for Area Development Program (ADP) staff implemented by World Vision
- Infant Nutrition (BF & counseling) training of UNHCR
- Creating Awareness on Adolescent Nutrition.